This Fall, Westfield will be introducing a new secured parking plan designed to ensure that our valued customers have the convenient parking access they deserve.
As one of the few remaining open parking locations in the increasingly dense Golden Triangle district, hundreds of vehicles are parked at the center each day by individuals not actually visiting UTC – but rather making visits elsewhere in the local neighborhood.
In order to alleviate the inconveniences experienced by UTC guests as a result, Westfield’s new secured parking plan will mean that:
- The first two hours of parking at UTC will remain free of charge, with Westfield research showing that this will accommodate nearly 85% of existing customer visits.
- Beginning this Fall, visitors will be charged $3 per hour after the first two hours of free parking – with a $15 daily maximum rate (reached after five hours).
- Patrons of UTC’s Arclight Cinemas, 24-Hour Fitness and others will be able to receive validations for additional hours of free parking, with the first $3-per-hour charge only coming into effect upon expiration of the extended validation.
UTC has also been rolling out a full suite of convenient new parking options to improve the customer experience for all visitors. These include:
- A well-lit, secure, and easy-to-navigate five-level parking structure offering direct and convenient access to shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- The center’s new parking facilities also feature “park assist technology” – a simple, easy-to-understand system of red and green lights leading drivers directly to the first available open space.
- For those guests who enjoy the convenience of valet service, UTC has also recently opened a new, four-lane valet drive-up on La Jolla Village Drive.
- UTC also now includes a new designated drop-off and pick-up station for Uber vehicles (located alongside Room & Board).
This plan won’t be implemented until the Fall, with exact timing and additional details being shared on this page, our social media channels, and within the center.
To provide feedback, please click here.
PARKING ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STORE EMPLOYEES
- UTC tenants will have the option of purchasing for their employees monthly or daily parking passes.
- If not purchased by the employer, individual employees may purchase the passes themselves.
- More details, including costs, have been provided to store managers to share with employees. In advance of the new plan’s taking effect this Fall, representatives of LAZ Parking Management will follow up with each tenant directly to provide details and instructions on how the passes can be obtained.
- In addition, Westfield is pleased to be able to provide interested UTC store employees a 50% subsidy on the cost of monthly public transit passes (Westfield will subsidize $36 of the $72 monthly expense) on the San Diego MTS.