Welcome and thank you for visiting Westfield! Westfield understands that our patrons are our lifeblood and we are in the business of creating the most enjoyable and unique shopping, dining, leisure and entertainment experience while protecting the privacy and security of our consumers’ personal information. To help inform you, we provide this Privacy Notice explaining our privacy and information practices for our website, mobile applications (together, "Online Services"), and centers. This Notice also describes the types of information we collect, how that information is used and disclosed, and how you can access, modify, or delete your information.
This Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice" or "Notice") was last updated on July 3, 2018.
SCOPE AND CONSENT
- Information we collect
- How information is used
- Your California privacy rights
- How we share your information
- Your privacy choices
- European privacy rights
- International transfer of European personal information
- How long do we keep your information?
- How we protect your personal information
- Links to other websites
- Changes to this privacy notice
- Questions and contact information
Westfield may collect the following types of information from you when you use our Online Services or visit Westfield centers:
- Information you provide to us. When using our Online Services, you may provide information directly, such as by creating an account, filling out a form, signing up for SmartParking, completing a "contact us" query, applying for a career with Westfield, or signing up for newsletters or other communications. Additionally, you may choose to provide your location when using a Westfield Online Service.
- Information we collect automatically from your device. We may also collect information from you automatically when you use our Online Services. For instance, we may collect information about your use of our Online Services, including the time and duration of your visit, the referring URL, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of device you use and its operating system, your advertising ID (e.g., AAID and IDFA), and other device identifiers.
- Competitions and Sweepstakes. When you enter a competition, sweepstakes, or register for an event you may provide contact information directly to us including name, address, email address, and/or phone number.
In Our Centers.
- Location Information. We may use Bluetooth (BLE) Beacons, Wi-Fi, and similar technologies within some of our centers that may communicate with your (mobile) device and identify its location if the device has Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi enabled and is properly configured. As a result, we may collect your Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth MAC Address and send BLE signals to your device. To completely opt-out of BLE Beacons and/or the collection of your MAC address, turn off your device Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities. To learn more about mobile location analytics and to opt-out of mobile location tracking for companies that have agreed to the Mobile Location Analytics Code of Conduct please visit https://smart-places.org/.
- Westfield Wi-Fi. If you use one of the Wi-Fi networks in our centers, we will collect personal information from you in order to log you on to the network, including your name and email address. We may also collect information about your use of the Wi-Fi, such as the web pages you visit, your MAC or IP address, and your location while using the Wi-Fi.
- Concierge Services. If you use our concierge services in center or online, we may collect information from you to facilitate the products or services you request. Concierge services vary by location--check with the concierge in your local center to see what services are available and what personal information is required to use those services.
- Competitions and Sweepstakes. When you enter a competition, sweepstakes, or register for an event at one of our centers you may provide contact information directly to us including name, address, email address, and/or phone number.
Third-Party Sources. Westfield may obtain information about you from third parties and/or link the information we collect from you to additional records made available by third parties.
Westfield uses the information it collects for three primary purposes: 1) to operate our business, including providing and improving our products and services; 2) to send you communications; and 3) to tailor and show advertisements to you.
- Providing Westfield products and services. We use the information we collect to perform essential business operations, for example to understand usage patterns (such as foot traffic) within our centers, and to develop, provide, improve, and personalize Westfield products and services and to provide customer support.
- Communications. We use information we collect to deliver and personalize communications through various channels, including email, SMS messaging, push notifications, and other channels where you have consented to receiving communications from Westfield. See the "Choice" section below on how to change your communications preferences.
You may opt out of some interest-based cookie advertising by clicking "Cookie Settings" and for more information about third-party advertisers and your ability to opt-out of targeted advertising from such third-parties please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
- Shine The Light Law - California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits California residents to request and obtain from Westfield once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
ATTN: Privacy Counsel
2049 Century Park East, 41st Floor
Century City, CA 90067
United States of America
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how Westfield responds to "Do Not Track" browser settings. Westfield does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
- Service Providers. We may share information we collect about you with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities, for example:
- processing credit cards and payments;
- hosting, managing and/or servicing our data;
- distributing emails;
- providing advertising, analytics, and research; and
- managing brand and product promotions and administering and marketing services and features.
- Disclosure for Legal Reasons. We may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with the law, including valid legal requests from private parties, law enforcement, or other government agencies (e.g., subpoena, summons, or court order).
- Change of Ownership. If Westfield is involved in a merger, acquisition, dissolution, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we reserve the right to transfer your personal information. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership.
We enable you to maintain control of your privacy by providing choices about what information you provide us and how we communicate with you, and by providing access to your personal information.
- Choice: You have choices about what information you provide Westfield. Where information is required, it will be marked as such. If the information input fields are not marked as required, providing the information is optional. Note that failing to provide some of the requested information may limit your use of our products or services.
You may adjust your communication preferences or opt out of communications at any time by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email, following instructions provided in the communication, or changing your preferences within your Westfield account. If you are having difficulty updating your communication preferences, contact us.
- Access. You may access, correct, or delete your personal information by logging into your Westfield account and following the relevant prompts, or by contacting us.
We will endeavor to provide you with access to your personal information wherever possible. Note that in some cases we may not be able to provide you access, such as where providing access would be unreasonably difficult or would compromise the privacy of others.
Where applicable, Westfield adheres to data protection laws in the European Economic Area, including:
- Westfield Europe Limited is the ‘data controller’ for the personal data we collect. It is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number Z5539526.
- You have the right to request access to, to update and delete your personal data (see "Access").
- If Westfield’s processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent for future processing at any time.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Data Protection Authority. In the U.K, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us.
By agreeing to this User Privacy Notice, you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
Westfield Europe Limited transfers information overseas in the following situations:
To other members of the Westfield Corporation Group where we share computing systems: These transfers are made lawful through an agreement between our group companies that use model contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Where suppliers are either based outside of the United Kingdom or store personal data on servers outside of the United Kingdom: Where these transfers are outside of the European Economic Area or where a country is not deemed to have an equivalent level of data protection law to the United Kingdom we typically use model contractual clauses to legitimize these transfers.
Westfield does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use Wi-Fi networks in Westfield centers.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to Westfield, please contact us and we will delete that information from our databases.
Westfield retains the information we collect for as long as necessary to provide the products and services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. If you have any questions about the retention of your information, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
The security of your personal information is important to us. While we follow generally accepted security standards to safeguard the information submitted to us, it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of information. Therefore, we encourage you to take precautions to protect your information, including protecting your passwords, using secure networks to access the Internet, and logging out of online services when you are away from your device.
Westfield’s products and services may contain links or references to other websites or companies not operated or controlled by Westfield. The policies and procedures described here do not apply to those third parties. Links or advertisements do not imply that Westfield endorses or has reviewed such third parties or their privacy practices. Visit those third parties’ websites or contact them directly for information on their privacy policies.
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Your continued use of Westfield products or services after any changes or revisions to this Notice shall indicate your agreement with the revised terms.
When possible, we will archive previous versions of our Privacy Notice here.
If you have questions or complaints regarding our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice, or would like to exercise your rights as explained in this Notice, please contact us as follows:
If you are located in the United States, via email or at:
ATTN: Privacy Counsel
2049 Century Park East, 41st Floor
Century City, CA 90067
United States of America
If you are located in the European Union, via email or at:
6th Floor MidCity Place
71 High Holborn, London
ATTN: Head of Data Protection