The days get colder, the nights get longer, and during the fall months, what sounds better than cozying up to a cocktail that brings all fall flavors to life? This is why Eureka! is introducing this year's Fall cocktail, Hot Buttered Rum. Guests are invited to warm up with this cocktail starting Monday, October 24 through Wednesday, November 23.
3 bar spoons of Hot Buttered Rum batter
2 oz White Rum
Top with hot water
1 unsalted butter slice (1/8 inch thick, 1 inch x 1 inch)
1 cinnamon stick
1. Using bar spoon place three spoonfuls of hot buttered rum batter into cocktail mug. Leave spoon in mug and do not rinse off
2. Pour 2 oz of house white rum into mug
3. Add hot water from hot water carafe
4. Using same spoon used to scoop batter, stir the mixture together until frothy.
5. Take pre-portioned butter slice and place on top of froth.
6. Garnish with cinnamon stick placed across the top of the mug (see picture)
Hot Buttered Rum Batter Recipe:
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1 lb unsalted butter
1 lb brown sugar
1 lb powdered sugar
3 tsp ground nutmeg
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl allow the ice cream and butter to sit at room temperature until soft/nearly melted.
2. Add the remaining ingredients
3. Using a rubber spatula gently mix the ingredients together.
3. Once the ingredients are decently mixed, use a bermixer to continue to mix until the batter is smooth.
4. Batter can be stored in reach in fridges behind bar during the day but should be kept in freezer overnight.