Why is Westfield doing this?
Each year, billions of pounds of clothing and shoes end up in landfills—but thankfully nearly 95% of them can be reused or recycled. Through our Refashion the Future program, we're making it easy and rewarding for our visitors to put their unwanted items to good use and helping to preserve the environment and build a better fashion future.
What items will be accepted?
We accept 10 pounds or more of clothing and shoes, all brands, in dry, clean condition. This includes all types of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing and shoes, as well as select accessories:
- Clothing: Shirts, t-shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, shorts, onesies, coats, lingerie/underwear, pajamas, athletic wear.
- Shoes: Athletic shoes, flip-flops, pumps, dress shoes, boots, hiking shoes, sandals, slippers. (Pairs of shoes should be rubber banded or have laces tied together.)
- Accessories: Scarves, hats, beanies, gloves, belts, purses, backpacks, daypacks, socks. (Pairs of gloves or socks should be clipped together.)
Customers can drop off items individually or in any kind of bag.
What items cannot be accepted?
We are unable to accept the following:
- Household Items: Bedding, towels, pillows, blankets, bed skirts, rugs, drapes, table cloths, slipcovers, rags.
- Shoes: Climbing shoes, ballet toe shoes.
- Other: Fabric scraps, bolts of fabric, pet accessories, sleeping bags, tents, luggage, jewelry, watches.
When and where can I drop off items at Westfield?
Items will be accepted at Westfield Concierge.
Is there a limit on how much I can drop off?
No, you can bring as many bags of acceptable items (see above) as you like.
Who is I:CO?
I:CO, short for I:Collect, is a for-profit global solutions provider for the reuse and recycling of apparel, footwear, and other textiles. They offer a convenient and rewarding way to recycle these unwanted items around the world with the aim to keep them in a closed loop production cycle where they can be reprocessed and reused again and again. This reduces waste, preserves material resources, protects the environment, and enables sustainable consumption. Visit ico-spirit.com for more information.
Does Westfield profit from the clothing and shoes collection?
No, any revenues will be used to reward our shoppers, invest in sustainable fashion recycling, and make donations to local charity organizations.
At Westfield, our charitable donations from the program will go to GLAM4GOOD.
Are my contributions tax-deductible?
I:CO is not a charity organization, therefore the value of the collected clothing and shoes are not tax deductible as a charitable donation. In order to reduce the amount of fashion waste that ends up in landfills each year, Westfield has chosen to partner with I:CO to channel collected items into a closed loop recycling process that finds the next best use for each item of apparel or footwear. The goal is not just the re-wear of the items, but ultimately 100% reuse and recycling of these valuable material resources.
However, any proceeds that Westfield receives from the program go to national charity organization GLAM4GOOD.
What if I want to bring in a large collection of items?
Please contact your local Westfield to assess if the items are accepted, and if so, how to best drop them off.