Mega Games in the Park
from August 31 to September 30
Let's play! Challenge your friends all summer long in mega jenga, tic tac toe, cornhole, connect 4 & more will be outside around the center for your entertainment.
- Snake-eyes- Each person should roll a single die to determine who goes first. The person that rolls the highest number should play first. With each person taking turns, toss the die into the team ring. Each person throws 6 dice per turn. The winner is the first to reach 21 points or roll all ones.
- Yardzee- Yardzee is basically Yahtzee for the yard! Instead of tossing dice onto a table or tray, you throw giant wooden dice blocks across the lawn. Points are scored (as in the classic Yahtzee game) based on the combination and sequence of the numbers on the yard dice faces, such as a “Full House,” and you get three throws to maximize your score.
- Beat That-The first player rolls the dice and puts them in order to create the highest number possible; for instance, dice showing 3, 7 and 4 can be arranged to make 734. The dice are then passed to the next player with a challenge to “beat that!” The player with the highest number wins that round and scores one point.
- Going to Boston- In each round, players take turns throwing the dice. On the first roll, the highest-scoring die is set aside. The player rolls the remaining two dice, and the higher-scoring die is set aside. The last die is thrown once again, and the values for all three dice are totaled. That’s the player’s score for the round. After the agreed-upon number of rounds, the scores are added up and the player with the highest score wins. If there is a tie, one more round is played.
- Cornhole/Bags- The game can be played with either 2 or 4 players. Each throws 4 bags. Each player must throw from behind the front of the box. This is the foul line. The player must not pass the foul line or the player's throw does not count and the bag is removed. Each team alternates shots beginning with the team that scored the last point. Points are scored when a player has a bag on the board or in the hole. Only one team can score points per round because points cancel each other out. A bag put on the board = 1 point A bag put in the hole = 3 points. The maximum amount of points scored in a single round is 12 points. (4 bags from the same team in the hole). The game is over when one team scores 21 points, but the winning team must win by 2 points. A bag that hits another players bag or any other bag is legal and still in play. If a player throws a bag and the result is that it hits the other players bag in the hole, the bag in the hole counts as such. If a player knocks another players bag off of the board, that bag stays off of the board. A bag that hits the ground for any reason is considered dead. If a bag bounces and lands on the board it is dead and must be removed from the board before play may continue.
|Sunday||26 Sep||12:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Monday||27 Sep||12:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Tuesday||28 Sep||12:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Wednesday||29 Sep||12:00 AM - 12:00 AM|
|Thursday||30 Sep||12:00 AM - 12:00 AM|