MONTGOMERY EXIT INTERCEPT SWEEPSTAKES WESTFIELD MONTGOMERY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
Sweepstakes begins April 27, 2022 and ends May 4, 2022
1. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. Beginning April 27, 2022, 12 noon, EST you may enter the Mont-gomery Exit Intercept Sweepstakes by (a) completing the online survey and entering at https://www.westfield.com/montgomery/surveysweepstakes , or (b) mailing a self-addressed post card or letter marked with “Montgomery Exit Intercept Sweepstakes Entry” with the following information: 1) full name, 2) address, 3) zip code, 4) email address, 5) phone number and 6) birthday including birth year to 7101 Democracy Blvd, Bethesda, MD, 20817 Attn.: Contest Services, Westfield _Montgomery Exit Intercept__________ Sweep-stakes. Limit one entry per person. A purchase of any commodities or other product will not improve an en-trant’s chances of winning. WESTFIELD PROPERTY MAN-AGEMENT LLC (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected or incomplete entries or entries not received by the time designated for the end of the Sweepstakes, or for any human or mechanical error that may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Responsibility for proper postage and han-dling of entry forms rests solely with the entrant.
ALL SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) ON May 4, 2022. ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER EMAIL ADDRESS WILL BE PERMITTED OR ACCEPTED.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is open to persons aged 18 years or older at time of entry, who are legal residents of, and reside and are physically located at the time of reg-istration in Florida, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Illinois, California, Wash-ington, D.C. and Washington State. Employees of WEST-FIELD CORPORATION and/or any of its affiliates, distribu-tors, subsidiaries, retailers, sales representatives, suppliers, participating vendors, promotion or advertising agencies, or any other company involved with the design, produc-tion, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collec-tively hereafter referred to as the “Patrons”), as well as the members of the Patron’s immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses), regardless of where they live, and those living in the same household, are ineligible to enter or participate in this Sweepstakes or win a prize. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Additionally, by en-tering, each Entrant will receive e-mail updates from the Sponsor. If, at any time, Entrant no longer wishes to re-ceive emails from Sponsor, Entrant may elect to opt-out by following the instructions as provided in the email.
Void in Rhode Island or anywhere outside the United States and Washington, D.C., or where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Any eligible person that enters this Sweepstakes in compliance with the terms herein is re-ferred to herein as a “Contestant.”
2.1. Copies of Rules. Copies of these Official Rules may be obtained (a) at https://www.westfield.com/montgomery/surveysweepstakes-rules (the “Website”), or (b) by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope marked “Official Rules” to “Montgomery Exit Intercept Sweepstakes,” c/o WEST-FIELD MONTGOMERY, Attn.: Contest Services, 7101 Democracy Blvd, Bethesda, MD, 20817.
3. How to Win – Odds of Winning. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing(s) to be conducted on May 12, 2022, from among all eligible entries received by the Sponsor. The winner need not be present at the time of the drawing to win. The winner will be notified on or about May 19, 2022, by email and/or phone. All deci-sions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relat-ing to this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Odds: Odds of win-ning depend on the number of timely, correct, eligible entries received.
4. Prize. One (1) $500 Visa Gift Card will be awarded for this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes winner shall receive Visa Gift Card with a face value of FIVE HUNDRED DOL-LARS AND NO/100 U.S. DOLLARS ($500) that is redeema-ble at anywhere Visa Gift cards are accepted. Approximate Prize Value: The approximate, aggregate, verifiable retail value of the prize is $500. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweep-stakes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize may not be assigned, transferred, changed, exchanged, substituted or redeemed for cash.
5. How to Claim Prize. The winner must return, within seven (7) business days after a notification attempt by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liabil-ity/Publicity Release (as provided by Sponsor concurrently with its notification attempt) personally signed by the winner. Failure of a prize winner to return or deliver the executed an Affidavit of Eligibility and Affidavit and Re-lease within the time period specified, or non-compliance with these Official Rules, or inability to notify the winner will result in that Contestant’s (any reference to “Contest-ant” also includes the prize winner) disqualification and forfeiture of her/his prize, and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if s/he is found to be ineligible, s/he cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if her/his or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such person will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No prize will be awarded until the Affidavit of Eligibility and Affidavit and Release forms are received by Sponsor. The winner will be required to provide Sponsor with her/his telephone number, and complete name and current postal mailing address. No winner will be qualified until her/his entry submission is validated. THE PRIZE MUST BE CLAIMED BY 5 PM (EASTERN TIME) ON June 3, 2022__.
6. Sweepstakes Restrictions. Except where prohibited by law, any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and/or use of the prize not specifically stated herein are the sole re-sponsibility of the Contestant. EXCEPT WHERE PRO-HIBITED BY LAW, THE WINNER (YOU) MUST PAY ANY EXPENSES IN ORDER TO USE THESE PRIZES. Patrons will not replace any lost or stolen (a) prize or (b) merchandise acquired with the prize voucher. Patrons are not responsible for the winner’s use of any prize after it has been delivered to the prize winner. ANY ENTRY REG-ISTRATION THAT IS ALTERED OR TAMPERED WITH, OR ACCESSED THROUGH IRREGULAR CHANNELS OR MEANS SHALL BE VOID. AUTO-MATED OR BULK REGISTRATIONS OR ENTRIES SUBMITTED BY THIRD PARTIES WILL BE DIS-QUALIFIED. INCOMPLETE, ILLEGIBLE, COR-RUPTED, OR UNTIMELY ENTRIES ARE VOID AND WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Each entry must be submit-ted by the Contestant.
7. General Conditions. Subject to applicable law, Sponsor reserves the right to change these rules at any time. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, all entries are subject to verification. Anti-fraud detection devices may be used to verify winners. Except in the event of disquali-fications, no more than one (1) winner will be selected.
7.1. Errors, Malfunctions, Etc/Fraud/Tampering. The Patrons are not responsible for any incorrect or inac-curate entry information; human errors; technical mal-functions; failures, including public utility outages; omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any tele-phone network, computer systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including without limita-tion any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer, cell, or wireline telephone, relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; ina-bility to access the Website or any web pages of the Pa-trons; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized ac-cess to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to tele-phone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic con-gestion on telephone lines, or the Internet, or any service provider’s facilities, or any website (including the Web-site) or for any other reason whatsoever, including typo-graphical, printing or other errors, or any combination thereof. The Patrons also are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegi-ble entries; or miscommunications or other errors or mal-functions of any kind whether, human, mechanical, elec-tronic or otherwise. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CON-TESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DE-LIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUD-ING THE WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGIT-IMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PER-MITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry pro-cess, the Website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. All entries become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. E-mail entries are not permitted. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted.
7.2. Official Rules are Final and Binding. By en-tering this Sweepstakes, Contestants acknowledge that they have read and understand these Official Rules and agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including, without limitation, eligi-bility requirements and by the decisions of Sponsor. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE OR ANY OTHER OFFICIAL RULES WILL RESULT IN DIS-QUALIFICATION. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
7.3. Disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant at any time as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, should such person at any stage of the Sweepstakes: (a) fail to comply with these Official Rules; (b) supply any untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and information; (c) refuse or fail to provide proof of identity and/or eligibility if re-quested by Sponsor at any time; (d) use technology to gain an unfair advantage over any other Contestant; (e) engage in unlawful conduct or misconduct, including without limitation, harming or threatening to harm any other Contestant or Patrons’ personnel, exercising violent behavior, or potential or actual cheating; or (f) purposely impede the work of Patrons and/or the implementation of the Sweepstakes. The disqualification of a Contestant shall be final and not subject to appeal or review for any reason whatsoever.
7.4. Construction of Official Rules. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. Neither Sponsor, the Patrons, nor anyone acting on their behalf will enter into any communications with any Contestant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceabil-ity of any provision of these rules shall not affect the va-lidity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall oth-erwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accord-ance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The headings of the para-graphs in these Official Rules are for the convenience of reference only, and do not form a part hereof, and in no way define, limit, describe, modify, interpret or construe the meanings of Sponsor, the scope of these Official Rules, or the intent of any paragraph hereof. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical error in the printing or reproduction of these Official Rules, ad-ministration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any the prizes. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
7.5. Termination Provisions. Except as prohibited by law, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes in the event of a force majeure or other fail-ures or difficulties. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including as a result of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Spon-sor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, (i) void any suspect entry or (ii) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Offi-cial Rules; and (iii) award the prize at random, by a drawing, from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor re-serves the right to suspend or modify this Sweepstakes at any time without notice or obligation. If such modifica-tion or suspension occurs, Sponsor will make a commer-cially reasonable effort to post notice of such on the Website.
7.6. Arbitration Provision. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Contestant agrees that any claim, dis-pute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, otherwise) that it may have with, or claims it may have against, Sponsor or the Patrons arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the award-ing or redemption of the prize or merchandise, or the de-termination of the scope or applicability of this agree-ment to arbitrate, shall be resolved exclusively by pri-vate, final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (“Forum”) and conducted be-fore a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Forum’s Code of Procedure. Further, each Contestant agrees that: (a) This arbitration agreement is made pursuant to and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (b) the arbitration shall be held in Los Angeles County, State of California, or at such other lo-cation as may be mutually agreed by the Contestant and Sponsor/Patron; (c) the arbitrator’s decision shall be con-trolled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Contestant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (d) the arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the FAA and appli-cable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (e) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Contestant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; and (f) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the Contestant, Sponsor or Patrons. Moreover, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Code of Procedure established by the Forum, the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum’s Code of Procedure, please visit its website at www.arb-forum.com or contact the Forum at National Arbitration Forum, P.O. Box 50191, Minneapolis, MN 55405, 877-655-7755.
7.7. Choice of Law. All issues and questions con-cerning the construction, validity, interpretation and en-forceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and ob-ligations of the parties in connection with the Sweep-stakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to choice of law or conflicts of laws principles under Cal-ifornia law.
8. Releases; Indemnification. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Contestant releases Sponsor, as well as the Patrons, and each of their parent companies, partners, stockholders, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies, suppliers, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever in connection with Sweepstakes’ participation, or in the receipt, posses-sion, ownership or use of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, or while traveling to or from any Sweepstakes event and/or participating in any prize-related activity with respect to or in any way arising from the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of any prize, includ-ing, without limitation, liability for personal injury, dam-ages or loss.
8.1. Release of Claims. Each Contestant acknowl-edges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to his/her involvement with the Sweepstakes and adherence to this Official rules s/he may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by her/him at that time may have materially af-fected his/her decision to participate in the Sweepstakes. Such Contestants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, s/he is assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such Contestants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides:
“A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of ex-ecuting the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Notwithstanding such provisions, this release shall constitute a full release in accordance with its terms. Such Contestants knowingly and voluntarily waive any statute, law, or rule of similar effect, and acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of this release, and without such waiver s/he would not have been permitted to participate in the Sweepstakes or compete for or receive a prize. Such Contestants acknowledge and understand the significance and conse-quence of this release and of this specific waiver of such laws.
10. Further Documentation. If Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments, certificates or other doc-uments as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to ef-fectuate the purposes and intents of theses Official Rules and the Sweepstakes, then each Contestant agrees to promptly sign and deliver to Sponsor the same upon Sponsor’s request therefor.
11. Winner’s Disclosure. To obtain the name of the Sweepstakes Winner(s) after June 3, 2022__, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Winner” by June 10, 2022__, to the following address:
Westfield Montgomery Management Office
Attn: Contest Services
7101 Democracy Blvd,
Bethesda, MD, 20817
12. Administrator and Sponsor. The administrator and sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Westfield Property Management LLC, 41st Floor, 2049 Century Park East, 41st Floor, Los Angeles, California 90067.
Copyright ©2022 Westfield, LLC. All rights reserved.