Stuff the Bus Back-To-School Supply Drive
THIRD ANNUAL STUFF THE BUS BACK-TO-SCHOOL DRIVE
in partnership with Metropolitan Ministries & iHeart Radio
Join us to support our local children as they prepare to return to school for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. The third annual Stuff the Bus school supply drive to collect items for families in need will begin on July 21 and will run through August 31.
How you can donate:
- Westfield Brandon in-mall drop-off: The colorful display and collection site, located in center court near Bath & Body Works, will be open for visitors to donate items such as backpacks, shoes, uniforms, and other classroom materials starting July 21 through August 31.
- Drive-up & Drop Off: Simply drive up and drop off supplies outside of the Food Court entrance on July 23 from 1pm-3pm. Visit with Metropolitan Ministries representatives & enjoy live music by WFLZ.
- CLICK HERE TO MAKE A MONETARY DONATION DIRECTLY TO METROPOLITAN MINISTRIES
- Shoes (Sizes 4+)
- Planner, 3-ring binders, Pocket Folders and Subject Dividers
- Composition and Spiral Notebooks
- Scientific Calculators (Models TI-30X IIS or Casio Fx-300es Plus)
- Wide & College Ruled Paper
- Regular & Mechanical Pencils, Erasers and Highlighters
- Safety Scissors, Stapler & Staples and Glue Sticks
Why we need your help:
Many Hillsborough County families struggle when it comes to providing the necessary supplies for each new school year, with the average cost per child being $250. Additionally, the average teacher spends around $750 out-of-pocket to supplement the items their students can’t afford. School supply drives like Stuff the Bus enable children to start the year with the items they’ll need to succeed.
With rising inflation driving everything from groceries to rents higher, school supplies are likely to be an especially heavy burden on parents this year, and the items donated through Stuff the Bus can positively impact children and families as they prepare for the return to school.
About Metropolitan Ministries:
Founded in 1972 as a local, independent nonprofit, Metropolitan Ministries has provided services that alleviate suffering, promote dignity, and instill self-sufficiency for at-risk and homeless families in Tampa Bay for 50 years. As a leading provider of food, housing and family services in the Tampa Bay area, Metropolitan Ministries supports families through a wide variety of programs. Last year, the organization served more than 4 million meals, provided rent and utility aid to thousands of families and helped ensure long-term stability for more than 90 percent of those that received assistance via employment and childcare programs. Visit: www.metromin.org for more information.
|Thursday||11 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||12 Aug||10:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||13 Aug||10:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Sunday||14 Aug||11:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Monday||15 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||16 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||17 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||18 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||19 Aug||10:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||20 Aug||10:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Sunday||21 Aug||11:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Monday||22 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||23 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||24 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||25 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||26 Aug||10:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||27 Aug||10:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Sunday||28 Aug||11:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Monday||29 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||30 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||31 Aug||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|